Wednesday 18 June 2014

Fantasy Becomes Reality

I am officially 'following my dream.' I have taken the leap of faith, given up the pesky 'part time' job that was taking up too much time and I am now a full time writer.  As a direct consequence, I been surrounded by nothing but love and support ever since.  Thank you Universe.

Today I was paid for a poem I had quite forgotten I'd written, well over a year ago - and asked for more.  That felt very good indeed.  Tonight I will be onstage in Liverpool, (actually a little way under Liverpool  - at the entrance to the fascinating Williamson Tunnels), reading from The last Changeling and addressing an audience of fantasy thriller fans... it's been something of a journey so far I can tell you!


What I can't tell you, much as I'd like to, is how to follow your dream.  All I am doing is following my nose and occasionally taking inspiration from others who have taken the same course of action in deciding to shape their lives rather than let others do it for them.

As Marianne Williamson famously wrote: 
When we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

All we are ever meant to be is happy, nothing more.  If someone looks at something I have written and feels some kind of a connection, then that is wonderful.  If they read my book and for a short time become so engrossed they are entertained and forget their cares for a while, then that's 'mission accomplished.'  It is a beautifully balanced exchange of energies as we co-create the story - I write the words and you provide the pictures in your mind.  Wow... this is the BEST JOB EVER!!!

So, if you want to, try tuning in and turning on your own heart-light... you never know where its light will guide you.




No comments:

Post a Comment